Followers

Saturday 9 June 2018

Crafting Card Jewellery Stands

Hi Crafters

I cannot believe it has been 3 weeks since my last post.

I have not been idle during this time, more caught up in trying new ideas out.

First I have made Zipper & Felt Brooches, still perfecting them but they are very bright and cheerful, and I will post more info in the future.

Then I discovered the latest Stampin Up Card called the Impossible card. It comes from a card trick and is very easy to do and very effective, as soon as I have some photographs I will  add them to the blog.

But today I have been very busy making jewellery stands. I do one or two car boots a year often sell jewellery, not only bits and bobs I have bought but my leather and fabric brooches. It is usually a mish mash of display items and they can easiuly get lost amongst the other items on the table.

Last night I discovered a great 'make' on Pinterest and followed up today with paper, pencil, ruler and stylus to make my own template. 

I was so pleased with the result, and more ideas came to me for an earring stand, pendant and bracelet stand and brooch display boxes. I just could not seem to stop, alas I had to to make dinner, but tomorrow I am off to a car boot in Weston with my  new display goodies, and all for pennies rather than the many pounds they cost to buy. The best bit though is they fold down to store, and storage is always a problem when you make as much a I do. 

Here is the collection made today.

All the stands are made from card. You need 300 gsm plus for a great hold and after that it is relatively easy to make. Check out necklace displays on Pinterest, particularlyJewelery Making Journal, Rena  Klingenberg's friendly community where there is a free pattern. My thanks to her as the pattern is simple and effective, and can be made with a pencil, ruler and stylus (for which you can substitute a knitting needle if you are not a card crafter.

Next I made the earring stand and for this I went back to my card making techniques, simply cutting a frame from an A5 size card and stabilising it with with additional strips in the middle and base. 

The pendant/Bracelet stand is a layered base and then a strip of card fold over at both ends. The back side of the strip is taped down with extra strong tape and then the front piece is fastened with velcro tabs so they can be unstuck to stack. I have puched a hole with my crop-o-dile near the top to thread the pendant through. 


The boxes are made as simple four sided cubes with a floral circle top cut from one of my dies and added with sticky pads to raise the back up a little and allow the brooch or flower to show at a slight angle. again these will fold for storage.

Happy Crafting 
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment