Followers

Wednesday 9 June 2021

Another journal - so quick and easy to make



 Hi Crafters

As you have seen I am loving my journals and books at the moment. I have always enjoyed making mini albums and made many over the years and now I am adding journals and memory books to the list.

I enjoy putting together journals as they can encompass different elements I may want to try out: embossing, stamping or decorated pages. I can stamp on old book pages or laminate tags and die cuts or make the tiles and pins to decorate the pages. Also a journal does not need a hard cover as you want it to be more flexible for carrying around in a pocket or bag. 

Closures are simple and can be made from elastic, binding or magnetic and well as magnets, bolts and flaps associated with albums. 

Additional signatures with various styles can also be added by stitching them in to the middle of the journal. So I have made a couple of them to add to my stash.

Rose Journal





Both journals have a laminated shabby chic page for the outside. Inside is a combination of vintage print pages, coloured papers and plain sheets for writing as well as embossed envelopes to use as store pockets. 

This journal I have added a folder on the inside cover some hidden paperclips holding a couple of tickets for notes.


Tags, hidden clip, and mini envelope



Embossed envelope pocket and pocket on back cover 


Tags and hidden clip stashed in the envelope pocket




Pocket and tag 

You can see the centre stitching and elastic that makes the button closure in this last picture.

Bird Journal



Laminated Cover with Using a Napkin 

Inside Cover 



This book has not been completed yet, there are several signatures like the Rose Journal. Embossed envelopes coloured and plain pages and some vintage flower & bird printed pages Instead of the folder in the Rose Journal I have made a pretty concertina folder with storage pockets, and this will be another signature 








There will be more Tags, clips and a mini book that will be added to a pocket on the inside cover. 

I hope you will have a go at these as they are quite simple to make and you can use your papers up and embellishments that you have enjoyed making 

The concertina folder is very sweet and is another inspirational idea from Gi Kerr, I have added the link below. This is worth checking out and making as a stand alone item for your stash. I have used the download that is used in the video. I made 2 of these pockets, one I printed on cream paper and the other I printed onto a music sheet paper I had in my box. I like the combination of the vintage papers on music print. 

Hope you have a go at making your own journal and I would love to see them if you do.

Dee



No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment