Followers

Sunday 20 June 2021

Envelope Folder No 1

 Hi Crafters

Back with an envelope mini. I have a couple of different layouts for you.

I have made envelope folders before and can always find a use for them or gift them in mail, they are relatively quick to make, so when a friend offered me a stash of 5 x 5 craft paper envelopes that she had picked up from the scrap store I was happy to have them. I immediately though of the envelope folder and started a lay out  and some papers to make one.

The first one I put the 3 envelopes together and covered with vintage paper printed from my computer. The look was lovely but the papers were a little thin. 

The next one I used paper from the Boho Bouquet paper pad and this worked well.


This one I used 4 envelopes. Using 2 of the envelopes place the flaps of one envelope into the inside of the other envelope twice. each set will have a spare flap. use one to attach the second set of envelopes and the flap on the second set as a cover flap to put the folder together. You will end up with 3 sets of double page.





So the first picture is the first 2 envelopes placed together, cover with papers and a half circle cut in the middle of the opening on both sides. This allows space for photo’s and memorabilia , 
While the front pages can hold photographs tags and journaling. 
The left hand side I have placed a pocket and added a tag to decorate, while the right hand page holds a vellum envelope.

The second picture shows the middle section with 2 solid pages and i have left one plain while the right side has a pocket with a couple of tags in.


This last photo shows the last double page again with openings to store mats, photographs and memorabilia.
On the left page I have added a tuck flap with a lever closure and I will do a post about these.
On the right side a pocket with a couple of sections.

The whole folder is held together with cotton lace, and gives you 6 12 x 12cm pages and 4 sections of storage in the envelopes, so a good size for a single event reminder.

These folders can be made with any envelopes including junk mail envelopes, so a great way to re-purpose or re-cycle. 


Back soon with the others  I made. 

Dee 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment