Followers

Tuesday 15 June 2021

New Baby Card

 Hi Crafters

Today I am taking a break from the mini books and journals to make a card for my new Great Nephew

I do not do children’s cards generally so only have a few dies with this theme. I have a small bear &duck a little train and rocking horse and then some bigger dies many for older children, such as fun-fairs, fairies and moons

So I started by getting out my magnetic sheet with the children’s dies and considered the possibilities. I really wanted something 3 dimension so settled for an oblong pop-up card. With my new craft desk lay-out it all came together quite simply. I took out the blue card and started cutting and layering the base card. Then cut a selection of embellishments and finally put them together 



For the front of the card I printed the details of the new baby and cut out to layer onto the front panel, this is the simplest way to personalise a card. Amongst my die-cuts I found a little heart that went perfectly in the corner.

The whole card has been made from white card, DCWV metalic paper pad blue and silver hue sheet 

Lastly I finished with a line of gems and 3 single gems on the moon.

I am very happy with this cute card, it has a clean look. It will be wrapped in tissue and placed  in an envelope before posting in a hard backed envelope.

To Make this card you will need
1 sheet of A4 White card
2 sheets of 8 x 8 blue card
2 sheets of 8 x 8 silver card

Cut the white card down to 5.5” wide x full 11.5” length and from the remaining piece you will cut the bands for inside the card  
Score at 3” on the short side
Turn and score at 2”,5.5”,7.5”,11”
The 3” width is at the base and from the top cut down each of the score lines to the 3” score line
On the 1/2” panel cut off the top piece and cut a notch in the base section as this is the panel that hinges the card together 
Fold the first 2” panel over, leave the next panel standing up and then fold over the other 2 panels 
Cut layers for all the panels. Cut a layer that fits the whole of the  back panel to cover the scored line and stiffen the panel.
You will also need 2 pieces of card that are 4.5” long scored at 1/5” and 4” to sit inside the made up card and hold the embellishments  

If you prefer video instructions (they are so much easier to follow than written) check out the following on YouTube. 


My measurements are different but the make up is the same. 




Happy Crafting
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment