Followers

Monday 28 June 2021

Making Pretty Dangles for your pages and spines

 Hi Crafters

My last post for July and I had to share my recent makes for the journals and books I have been making.

I must give all the credit to Natasha at Treasure Books for these. I watched a brilliant video on 6-7 types decorated pins and so this is just the beginning of my journey with these embellishments. 


Some of these are beads added to paperclips, some added key-rings, then I have used the handles on the binder clips and the jump-rings added to claw clips. The pearl drop is added with a jump ring to the decorative piece of a Gucci perfume bottle, which I kept when he perfume was finished thinking one day I will find a use for this, and sure enough it makes a great dangle for  a handbag or album. 

Natasha has a lot more offerings and I will add the link below. 

https://youtu.be/s6XadBfFIWo

Once I had watched the whole video I could not wait to get out and source some beads. I found the blue beads and lovely purple crystal style beads at my local Hospice shop and scooped them up brought them home and took them apart to make my journal embellishments. 

So you will need a pair of pliers 
Some jump rings 
If you have then some key ring or claw clips
Paperclips and these can be any sort I am using 4 different styles in my makes above.
Some bead jewellery that have the links in them. This can be earrings, bracelets and necklaces, although necklaces often offer the best value because you have the length to use as you wish. Just think about how you are going to use them and if they are suitable. I did not find any flat charm or token style necklaces so will keep a look out for them to try another day.

I will keep revisiting the video and trying new ideas. I like the chairs closure for a book and albums. I have also been given some lovely pieces from a friend , who kindly tidied her jewellery box and let me take anything she no longer used, I only took pieces that I could use, but it may me think more laterally as she had several glass pendants that were very pretty and which I thought I could use to embellish box tops and gift bags. 

I made a recycled jar to hold my makes and I will post this when I do a recycle month. 

Happy Crafting and I am back next with back to basics - Card making, different folds and styles to add to your repertoire.

Dee 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment