Followers

Wednesday 16 June 2021

Mini Art Book - Artists Ideas Book

 Hi Crafters 


Today a new mini book for you all.

This one is my own design. I saw a picture of something similar on Pinterest and loved the look of it, so decided to have a go myself, I was unable to find instructions and the post was in German so I had no idea if the design  had a name that I could check out. I think the one I saw was based on a Blizzard book but I think I found an easier and quicker way of making it. 





 These mini books allow the pages to be slotted in but remain lose, so they can be taken out to work on and then added back into the book. This can be a living art book

It could also be used as a mini album and again pictures mounted on the card and added and removed as required. A lovely way to take family photo’s with you and keep the book updated. 

In this book there are 16 pages but more can be added, particularly for storage before use. I just think they are so cute and useful at the same time. I remember when artist trading cards were all the rage, well this book would allow you to add your cards and then take the book to craft clubs and meets and swap them and perhaps have another one with artists trading cards given to you.






I have finished the front with a piece of card from a collection from Gi Kerr which I purchased from her Etsy Store, but you can cover it in your own art work or papers of your choice. I have made another one slightly larger and this was made using The Paper Tree’s Boho Bouquet papers., slight different finish to the cover but the inside made in the same way. I will post that next. 

This one will be for sale on Ebay. If you would like to see how it is made please subscribe to my blog, leave me a message and if I get several requests I will do a post with  instructions on how to make it. 

Happy Crafting

Dee





No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment