Followers

Thursday 22 February 2018

Making an Index Box without a die

Hi Crafters

I flick in and out of the craft channels occasionally to see if there are any new products or ideas for my paper crafts, and the other night there was a great die from Tonic that made Boxes to store recipes cards, seeds, pictures etc. The die was the Oxford Box die and there were also tab dies to make the index cards for the inside. 

I was sorely tempted as the samples were lovely and they had put 2 boxes together to build a larger store box, so it seemed very useful. I checked prices on Ebay and several on-line stores and basically the £24.99 plus £2.95 p&p on Create and Craft was a good average price. 

Then I had a eureka moment, I make boxes and bags all the time could I not make a similar box, as surely the restriction for making such boxes is about the card size as much as the die size.
So I took my pen and pad and started working out some dimensions

It took a couple of trials but by joining 2 pieces of card along the back spine it is possible to make a similar box for storage. 

Here is the result 









All I need now are some index cards
The Box can be used for recipes, I will make a more manly version for seed storage, and will probably make some to give away with Birthday cards in, as the box takes A6 cards and envelopes 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment