Followers

Monday 26 February 2018

No Tools needed Mothers Day Make

Hi Crafters

I came across an early craft make while tidying one of the craft boxes.
It was a Brag Book that I had used to put in a friends daughters wedding pictures.

As usual I had to have a go and see if I could still do it, and I had just tidied my desk, so I set myself the challenge of making it without any tools from the cupboard. You do need a pair of sissors but everything else can be done by hand, It makes a lovely gift for mum or grandma with family photos in, and the children can help make it.

Take a piece of 12 x 12 paper and fold in half and then each half into the middle so you have four sections
Then turn 180 degrees and fold in half again
Then fold the open edge in approx 5cm this does not have to be exact


Open up the paper and with the small folds on the left and right cut along the middle fold the first 3 sections

Turn 180 degrees, fold up the bottom part and starting from the rigt hand side fold in , as if closing a book fold the next section back and then in again.
Now tuck the top piece under the bottom piece and fold back the other way until you have a mini book.

This is your mini brag book base.
Glue the centre pieces together and either glue or use extra strong double sided tape at the outer edge folds to makke the pockets on each page 
Decorate as you want.
I made tags for all the inner sections ready to add photographs and then made a cover for the front to make it sturdier but you do not need to do this if you want it to be a very quick project, just decorate and add some ribbon to tie it together, slip some photographs and a little message to make a personal gift.



      




No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment