Followers

Tuesday 7 July 2020

Back to Basics Series - Week 5 Christmas

Hello Everyone

Here it is Tuesday in this final week of Back to Basics
Following the format for this week  we are covering the stamping and watercolour cards made in week 2.

 I struggled with this a little and made a card with holly around the A6 card. It was double stamped to give a slight shadow , and although I liked it I thought it more suited to an invitation and did not think it did the genre justice, so started again.
                                                     

I then decided to try a tile card, this was a bit of an experiment but in the end I was pleased with the result. 


This is another 7” square card so the tiles are all 2” squares.
I used shimmer paints to give the background colours, some had brush strokes and some I placed the colour onto a tile and dabbed it onto the card with some kitchen paper
I then used a set of stamps that gave me images of the right size. I think they came with a magazine, and were just the right size Robin, Reindeer and Greetings. I placed the greeting in the middle tile, embossed 3 of the tiles with snowflake designs and stamped the others with Christmas Robins and Reindeer. To add some more interest I tied a bow around the mirra card before sticking it to the  base card.   

Back tomorrow with Die Cut Christmas 

Dee  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment