Followers

Tuesday 14 July 2020

Scrap Card 2

Hi Crafters

As I said in  my previous post, I have tidied the desk after finishing the card making series and part of the tidying up resulted in some new makes from the scraps on the desk.

Scrap Card 2

This card is a Step Card 
This was a strip of card left over after cutting down a scalloped card for another job, it had good length  but  was under 4" wide. I could have put it in the scrap box as it was but folded it in half and then thought if I fold it again it will make a step card. I made the scalloped edge at the front and then considered design.

This was not going to be large enough to use any of the Christmas bits, so I  went into my scrap box and found some stickers from Penny Black, I have literally had them years, they are lovely vibrant stickers, and I felt they would suit this little card well. I chose an oriental sticker sheet and cut 2 stickers down to fit the areas, that was the background done. On my desk were the dies purchased on Ebay with the half-circle and butterfly dies from Tattered Lace. These were waiting to go on a magnetic sheet, so I used the butterfly dies and some scrap paper to cut them out.

The back of the card is plain white and any message can be written on here. The whole card folds flat and measures 3 3/4" x 4" if you measure to the top of the butterfly. I will need to make an envelope for this and will probably use a sheet of 8 x 8 from the pad so the envelope will match the butterflies.



I have now been able to tidy the desk and can put the Tattered lace dies away, having placed them in a laminated folder, which I make using 2 laminating pouches. They make excellent die folders and I can protect the dies (which are on magnetic sheets) while they are stored in boxes. 

 The picture also shows the placing of the half circle die on the folded A6 card, ready to put through my Big Shot.

Back soon
Happy Crafting 
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment