Followers

Sunday 12 July 2020

Coming Up

Hi Crafters

Here we are! a card making series behind us and new projects in front of us. So what next.
Well during the weeks of card crafting I have recieved several deliveries of new craft items,
Dies
Paper Pads
Screw Rivets (I can hear the questions from here)
Distress Stains
Embossing Folders
Embellishments 
Most of these were bought from clearance lines, and during lockdown I have also purchased a few items on Ebay as I have been browsing the web.

So over the next few weeks I will be sharing with you some of the makes and techniques that these purchases have inspired .

My first share, are makes that used up some of the oddments of card and embellishments made whilst bringing you the card series 

Scrap card 1


Christmas Joy 

This was made from a piece of left over white card that I cut down to make an A6 card
I then cut the the side with a half circle scalloped edge die. This complete set of tattered lace half circle dies were purchased on Ebay from a lady having a clear-out, in another purchase I bought a set of Tattered lace butterflies from her. 

I then went through the die-cuts I had made for the Christmas cards and wanted to use the JOY die. This has religious connitations and as I have some Church going friends it would make a good addition to the Christmas card stack.

Its a lovely simple die that cuts easily and says a lot with a little die.
The only new item I used was the backing paper taken from an 8 x 8 Creative Expressions pad. To get one sheet to cover both sides I folded it on the diagonal, (thats what you call thrifty crafting).
I then went to my scrap box and found some coordinating paper, white card and silver card, cut them to size, mounted them together and topped it with the JOY die.

Here is the result 


It's surprising what you can make from the bits left over. I also added another greeting to the inside :


This whole card fits into an A6 envelope and is ready to use.

Another post soon , so keep coming back and if you like what you see please press the FOLLOW button at the top of the page. 

Dee


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment