Followers

Tuesday 14 July 2020

New Week New Products

New Dies 

New week new products

 Let’s start with a die or two. I love anything to do with the sea and todays post is about this Seahorse edging die, and another die from the same range with a mouse.  I purchased them on Ebay,  they came from China  and are unbranded, although it looks to me like a die from a well –known company. It is always interesting to see how well it cuts as there is little redress if you find it does not cut well.

To be honest I am not the world’s most patient person. I am happy to put a die through a couple of times turn it over and run it again, I also have a Precision Plate for intricate die that works with my BigSHot machine, if a die has not cut well using this process it gets rejected. Life is too short to waste time on dies that look a mess by the time you have managed to remove all the bits that should have cut off.

The mouse die came first and I ran it through a couple of times. It has a tiny section that does not cut well, you can probably see it on the flower stem, but I really think that if I had turned it over and moved the die along a section it would be a very clean cut, so this has passed the test.


Next we have the Seahorse and this was a great success, worked well first time with  just a couple of runs through the machine. I love this and will use it for cards and notelets and also for decorating the sides of boxes and gift bags

 The only problem with both of the dies are the size . The mouse is 16cm high making it too big for an A6 card and too wide to put through most standard machines, while the seahorse die is even larger at 17cm, as these are edging dies that means if you are cutting the edge of a card the cutting plate needs to be more than 17cm wide, a lot of machines are 15cm wide, so be aware of this when purchasing.

Back soon with more purchases, some great Tim Holtz stains, as well as Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Crystals, more dies and embellishments. 

Whilst it is lovely to share these great finds with you all, I wonder if you would like to see projects from new craft items or larger projects such as a Step by Step series on making a Memory Book. Let me know if you have a preference. 


Dee


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment