Followers

Wednesday 15 July 2020

More New Dies - Paper Roses

Hi Crafters 

The postman has been busy during isolation and I must have been a good girl as I have had lots of deliveries.

I have not had time to use all the items recieved but as I do I will post my makes to share ideas with you.
Here is a great post day.


These all came from AliExpress, several different sellers, but all arrived  together. Items purchased through AliExpress are obviously taking longer to get here from China and the delays have been worse for items purchased in April and early May, some of which are still outstanding. This is the down side of buying from China. However I have been crafting for a long time, there are few 'must-haves' nowadays and so I am happy to wait for the purchases i make, to get the savings.

Todays makes are cards I made quite quickly using 3 new dies in this batch. They have the name Paper Roses on the packaging and I think this is an Australian company.

 

As you can see, when I get a delivery I check off the items from the order and give feedback and then prepare the purchases for the craft box. Dies are stored on a magnetic sheet which is put into a double laminated pouch ( I found how to make them on YouTube and they work brilliantly ). 
These dies were around £3 each and are approximately 6" x 2"

I decided they would look good on DL cards and so cut my A4 sheets acordingly. These cards have been made to try out the dies and not with a particular project in mind, so are fairly simple, just cutting and layering.

Here are the results:



The daisy band makes a lovely spring card, and I have used it for a Birthday.
The gathering of birds on a branch is cute and the bird bodies emboss a little, I have used a metallic greeting, Thank You,  which is difficult to read so here is is on its own. You can see some of the definition on the feathers


The last one is the poppies. This die cut had a sister die depicting an Australian soldier, and is obviously used a lot for Anzac Day in Australia. It would make a great remembrance card and I have used it for a sympathy card here. 

Back tomorrow with a demo on using the Tim Holtz ink stains 

Happy Crafting and stay safe.

Dee  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment