Followers

Thursday 18 June 2020

Back to Basics Week 2 - Water Colour & Stamping

Water Colour & Stamping


So the next couple of cards I made used soft water colour backgrounds, made by spritzing the card and then adding colour from my water crayons (I do not have a water colour palette). To ensure you do not end up with pencil lines of colour take a water brush or wet paint brush to the crayon and add colour to the paper. Start slowly and build up the colour to the shade you need.

Card 3 


Here I have painted on rich yellow for the sand and blue for the horizon and sky. The brush strokes are basic and across the paper. I have then stamped the wadding birds in black ink and added the greeting to the top right hand corner, before matting onto metallic blue card and layering it onto the base card. 
This is an effective way of stamping and you do not need to be too artistic to produce a good card.

 Card 4  

I love these tile cards, though this is the first one I have made. 



I think this works quite well, and will definately be trying more, as I would like to explore more colour and variance in the stamping on the tiles.

To  make this I cut strips of water colour card 1.5" wide, wet them and then added very light pink water colour to them.
Whilst they are still in strips I stamped the images from 2 Kaisercraft border stamps I have 
When they were dry I cut the strips into 1.5" squares to use them as tiles. I used pink card to layer. First I played around with the line up of the tiles to see where they worked best, then when I was ready to attach them I lined up the tiles by placing a ruler down the length of the pink card and glueing the tiles up to the ruler. Once the first line of tiles were in place I then added the second and third lines.

Before adding the pink mat to the card I placed the ribbon around the card and tied the bow. Using  hot glue gun I added a large Butterfly charm to go with the theme of the stamp.

I hope you have enjoyed this weeks stamping and Water colours. Next week is Die Cutting so why not pop back and see the new cards. I will be using edging dies, build a card dies as well as shapes such as Butterflies. 

You can subscribe to my blog by clicking the FOLLLOW button at the top of the page. I welcome any feedback or requests.

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment