Followers

Monday 22 June 2020

Back to Basics Week 3 - Die Cutting

Week 3 - Die Cutting

Hello Crafters
Thank you for popping by.
This is week 3 of Back to Basics, and we are die cutting with a vengeance.

Card 1

We start with Edge dies as they are a straight forward cut.
You will need to choose a card that corresponds with the width of your die.
Bear in mind whether you will use the card landscape or portrait as you will need to place your die on the outside edge of your card. This is one of the few jobs I use tape to hold down my die and keep in place, and the tape of choice is washi tape. I find this does not leave a mark and lifts off very easily. The edging die used I think is a Tonic die, Crafters companion and Creative Expressions also make some great edging dies including fairies.


I have made 2 cards with this die. One that can be used as a greeting card and the other I have used the die cut silver card as a wrap. This is a great look for invitations and leaves the whole of the inside to paste your invite and the information for the event. 
         

                                         

Card 2 


This card is the most simplest card in this section. It uses one die and a piece of mulberry paper, but is very effective.  I love this die as it is ideal for men’s cards. It is by a company called Impression Obsession. (although you may also be able to get it from AliExpress)



I cut a piece of A4 card to 6" wide to make a basic 6" square card
I then cut a piece of white card 5" square and used this to cut our the die. I placed a piece of mulberry paper behind the cut out and added it to the base card with dimension tape.It really is that simple.


                                              


Extra make for this section

Lets call this card 2A, as I just had to make it after seeing the die in the box when I took out the lighthouse die.

If you have a musician or music lover in the family or a friend in this category then this is another simple card to make, both of these cards took me less than an hour to make.

                                          


I started with a basic A6 card. Cut a smaller piece to make the embossed music sheet. Then from the music die (this is by Memory Box, one of the first company I bought dies from as they were, all those years ago, innovative designs).
I then added the trumpet player from a die bought from AliExpress and shown in a recent post. I think I prefer this card as I tend to go for clean looking simple cards. You will notice a lot of my cards are white.
If you have any questions or comments please leave them for me on the blog and I will get back to you.

More cards later in the week.

Dee


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment