Followers

Thursday 4 June 2020

Great Little Envelope Mini

Hello Crafters

Following on from my previous blog I have made my first project from my latest purchase of papers.

It is a great little envelope mini album, well not so mini really!
Big enough to take 6 large photographs, 4 small, and 12 passport size.

The design is also called a squash card, but I doubt if I would use it as a card
My mini album is quite a bit larger than the examples being shown on YouTube, but the makeup is the same. I used a video from Positively Papercraft, who gives the credit to another crafter, and there are several videos to choose from for the instructions to put it together.

The final envelope mini was my third attempt, although it is not too difficult I had to adjust the sizes on the basic envelopes, and the first one I made had too big a difference in the size of the middle envelope to the outer envelopes.
I decided to use base card for the envelopes, so as not to waste my lovely new papers and for some reason cut the papers unevenly, so then decided to concentrate, and third time lucky.



The panels measure 14.5cm x 19.5cm so will take large size photographs or 2 smaller .
You can also use the back, although you may wish to leave the front panel for a label and embellishment.


This is the outside of the album

You will need an envelope maker
3 sheets of A4 card and several pieces of 12 x 12 papers to decorate. I used black card

I made the first envelope (centre) from a 10"Square card and the 2 outer envelopes from 93/4", but you could use 81/4" square,for the centre and  2 8" squares for the outer envelopes which would match the tutorial on Youtube.

The papers are from the Recollections pad and have eye catching gilding through the marbled design on many of the papers.


This is a lovely relatively quick little project so I hope you will enjoy making it as much as I did.

When I had finished my album and started to put away the papers and tools I had the first (abandoned) attempt sitting on the table. Rather than throw away the lovely papers I decided to remake them into a double folder to match the album. It could be used to store photographs and memorabilia,before adding to the  album or storing ephemera. 
                                       



So that was todays crafting 

Back soon with a Theatre Card.

Happy Crafting
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment