Followers

Tuesday 2 June 2020

Beautiful Bouquet

Beautiful Bouquet

Hi Crafters 

The weather is lovely, but now a little too hot to sit outside for long, so I am back to the craft table.
A little tidy up and then on to YouTube for some new ideas

Up popped this lovely bouquet from Positively Papercraft, I follow her blog and like her style of work. Her video shows you how to make the box and then puts together the flowers to look like a modern bouquet in a box that the florists are all using now.

As I had the card and the dry foam as well as the acetate wrap already in the house, I thought I would have a try. But I decided to take it one step further and make my own flowers.

So back to YouTube for some ideas for the flowers, which turned out to be a mixture of my traditional flowers that I make and some new ones.


I am really pleased with the result. The box is very straight forward to make, (although I read the dimensions wrong for the first attempt), while the flowers took more time than I thought as they had to be put onto wires and bound with florist tape.

The long thin flowers are grape hyacincth and you can see them being made on AS World  
The daisy tutorial is by MissDebbieDIY
The leaves are cut from various dies I have in my cupboard.

I have made this bouquet over several days, starting with the box as this was the catelyst. Then the flowers,, next wiring the flowers and cutting the leaves and then finally cutting the foam to fit the box adding the flowers and leaves and then wrapping with the acetate.

The leaves were added using a hot-glue gun and the the acetate was wound around the bouquet and fastened with the glue gun, before putting some hot glue all around the bottom part of the foam and placing it in the box. The shape of the box helps to make it stable.

When I make the next one I will choose a neutral colour box that coordinates with the flowers, this first attempt started with what I thought was a pretty box that I then had to match flowers and ribbon to it, not so easy.  



If you have any questions or comments please leave them below 

Happy Crafting 
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment