Followers

Wednesday 3 June 2020

Sourcing your papers for Projects

Hi Crafters 

Today I had a delivery from Craftelier, a Spanish company that deliver to the UK and have a beautiful selection of papers for crafting, at a good price. So I thought I would share some of my paper sources with you. 

As a hobby crafter I have no allegiance to any particular company, so buy where I see products I love at a price I am happy with. The following companies are some that I have purchased from and found to be good value.  

I have already mentioned in previous blogs a company called Craft Clearance, who stock some DCWV paper pads, their service is good and free delivery starts at £25, which is very fair given the paper pads are weighty.

There is also a great company called CraftStash which is part of Creative Expressions, and they are one of the biggest suppliers of craft items in the country. The service is excellent, prices very good and delivery came within 4 days on my last order. Their delivery is free for orders over £15, which is excellent, plus they stock all types of craft products. 

Lastly I have just discovered Craftelier. They have an amazing selection of papers, including Stamperia, Fabrika, and a Polish company called Mintay. The prices are very good, postage costs £5.95 unless you spend over £100, but with the papers costing less than I can get them in the UK, and an opportunity to use some new papers I decided to try them.

This was a pack called Rosy Cosy Christmas by Piatek , I had not heard of them but the papers looked vibrant and the pack was on offer at £6.35, this was the first item in my trolley. There are 12 double sided papers, and I am pleased with designs. 

Next I bought some Fabrika Decoru, 3 packs altogether as I have had these before, love them and again, at £5.70 a pack, considerably cheaper than anywhere else I have seen them. These papers are made in the Ukraine, and sold extensively across Europe. 

This one is called Colourful Spring. These packs have 10 sheets of double sided papers, and usually have some matching tag strips.

I then spotted this beautiful pad called Gilded Ink by Recollections. I googled it and the only other place I could see it was in Michaels (USA) at $19.99. It was £12.87 for 48 sheets of single sided papers, so I just had to have it and cannot wait to use it.
The photo does not do the vibrant colours justice, but hopefully the projects I make will.

Lastly I tried another new company called Mintay they are from Poland and the pack has 12 sheets of double sided papers this one is called Bloomville and I loved the subtle light but bright colours. There were many packs of Mintay papers I fell in love with but alas most of them were out of stock. I will have to make another order when there is a good selection to choose from. This pack cost £7.77 and most of the 12 x 12 packs were around the £7 to £8 which for double sided papers is very good. 


Another paper pack I love is Stamperia, they are quite arty and set off books and albums nicely. I buy them from Craftstash and Dali Art as I can usually get them just under £10 a pack . 

If you need double sided papers in a hurry they can be expensive and I have often seen them sold singularly for 80p- to £1.50 a sheet, which is useful if you just want one or two sheets for a card or gift box,  but an expensive way to buy for the bigger projects. 

I hope this is helpful, and even if you are not in the market for papers right now, you can always have a look to see what is about. While we are not able to go to Craft shows it is a good way to while away a wet afternoon.

Happy Crafting 
Dee






No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment