Followers

Friday 17 April 2020

First Folio ALbum

Hi Crafters

I have now finished my first Folio Album, using the construction tape method for the cover.
The method is relatively easy for the outer case, however I could do with more practice to improve the inner sections that open up.

I took the Album made by Paul Ford on YouTube for the basic album and then built the inside pages
What I like about Paul's method is the construction tape and very good instructions on the video, also the clean look to his pages as he puts a photo mat on each page ready to take the photograph. This has two advantages, it gives the user a flat colour mat to set off the photograph and it also uses less of the dsigner papers for each page, when you are using papers that cost £1 a sheet it is a useful tool. It is particularly good for new crafters.

This album can take a minimum of 20 photographs plus storage space, and the next one I make will hold more, but this was a good starting size.




The first picture shows the album closed. For some reason I thought it would look good with the front page smaller than the back but forgot that the top of the album held the waterfall pages and therefore I needed the length, so I had to turn the album around to fill in the pages. It closes with a bellyband that has a magnet on it.

The second picture shows the flaps for the waterfall pages on the top and and the bottom flaps opened out. On the bottom section the pages are roughly 6" x 6" with the white mats being 4" x 6" to hold a standard photo. 

Third picture you open another flap and lift out another page top and bottom, and this reveals a storage section that hold more mats and a mini book for smaller pictures 

The whole album used:
Construction tape
2 sheets of hardboard
9 pieces of A4 black card 
5 sheets of 12 x 12 double sided papers from Fabrike Decoru range
2 rolls of heavy duty double sided tape 
4 sheets of white card A4
2 sets of heavy duty magnets and some good glue 

Check out Paul Ford as he has some lovely albums and does other projects as well , his tutorials are very good. 

This was a great learning curve and I have done some more research ready for my next try, so I can add more interesting pages.
I would like to try the folio method but with pages from other designs that incorporate other layers, compartments and edging.

Back soon with more simple coffee time crafts.
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment