Followers

Sunday 26 April 2020

More Ribbon Flowers

Ribbon Flowers 

Hi Crafters

As I said in my previous post I have made lots of fabric flowers before and the one I showed in my post was made from a recycled silk tie.

I decided to make more flowers using ribbon as I have 3 storage boxes full of satin, chiffon and grosgrain ribbons. It took me several attempts to get the flowers right this time as I was using organza ribbon that was obviously made from viscose instead of polyester and therefore could not be sealed on the edges using a flame. The pieces of ribbon needed to be sewn and then the individual petals sewn together before gluing onto a felt base and decorating.

After several different attempts I finally hit on the right structure for me and cut out many strips of ribbon using 4cm wide ribbon cut to 8cm lengths 

Sew around three sides with running stitches and pull up to make the petal. I tried adding the petals while I was sewing them but struggled with the shaping of the flower so in the end I sewed each petal seperately then strung them together, using 7 petals for the base and 5 petals for the top of the flower.


I can use these for gift wrapping, or hair adornments,brooches etc

The first flower I made I used 3 layers 9 petals 5 petals and 3 petals, which I pulled up to look like a centre cluster, and this one I placed a crocodile clip on the back


The other lavender flowers including the small 3 petal flowers I  have just placed on felt ready to be used as needed.

I want to try some satin ribbon flowers I saw on YouTube using the heat method so maybe I will have these made for my next post 

Hope you are all Safe and Well
Happy Crafting 
Dee 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment