Followers

Saturday 25 April 2020

Recyclable Flower Embellishments

Recyclable Flower Embellishments

Hello fellow crafters
I just had to pop in to see the new show on tv with Kirstie Allsop. It is being shown everyday at 5pm, and is all abut crafting at home with things you have in the house.

Kirstie showed a neat way to make flowers and I have made many similar flowers myself, but this inspired me to make some more that could be used for embellishing boxes and gift bags. By adding a loop to the back of the flower, curling ribbon, string etc can be threaded through to attach the flower to the parcel, then when the item has been opened the flower can be slipped off the ribbon for re-use.

Here is my first make, using this loop idea.



I am very pleased with the result and will definately be making more. Particularly as this has been made from a silk tie and is therefore recycled as well as recycleable.



Here is the back showing the lace loop that I sewed into place.

And here is the flower with the ribbon removed ready to use again



I am heading off now to find more suitable remnants to make more, if I cut some out this afternoon, I can sew them this evening while watching the tv.

Happy Crafting

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment