Followers

Thursday 30 April 2020

Something New - Blizzard Books

Something New - Blizzard Books 


Hi Crafters

Today we have something new, well new to me, they have been around for many years now, but I only came across them the other night when checking out YouTube during my 'Can't Sleep' cup of tea. 

It is basically a credit/gift/store card holder. It is just so useful as most of us carry around store cards business cards etc

This will hold 16 or so cards easily and fold up to go in  a pocket of bag 




This is made with a sheet of paper and origami folds, there is no glue used in the basic book
I have decorated the outside of my books as:-

  1. It was a way of adding ribbon and I had only used plain coloured paper 
  2. Also it is a great way of using up your scrap designer papers.
It is not difficult to learn how to do this I was able to do it first time (i used a piece of kitchen paper for my trial attempt as that is all I had at that time of night in the kitchen), but I will give you the YouTube instructions I found as they also tell you how to size your paper to hold the size cards you want to store.
Paula Beardell Krieg 

Generalizing Paper Size for Hedi Kyle's Card-Carrying Blizzard Book

Will give you the sizing and her previous video will show you how to fold the book 

It is well worth having a go, I will be making these as giveaways and for family and friends.

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment