Followers

Saturday 11 April 2020

Pretty Tissue Box

Today I am showing you a project I did after Christmas. I spotted this on  one of my favourite YouTube crafters, The Posh Paper  Lady

When I saw it I had to try it.

First you have to buy your tissues and then measure the sides. Join 2 pieces of card together and score 4 panels each 2mm bigger than the side of the box
Next cut a piece of card and cover it, this should measure 1cm bigger on each side of the square so if the sides make a square 14cm on each side the piece of card should be cut 15cm square. 
Next make your lid by adding 4.5cm to the size of your side panels, so taking the 14cm square base measurement and add 4.5 you would be cutting a lid panel 18.5 cm square
Score the piece 2cm on all four sides and make your lid.
Before putting your lid together cut a panel out the middle using a stanley knife it is best to pencil mark your cutting area before starting the cut. 
I glued the base on using gorilla clear glue, this is especially strong and will fix the very narrow edge to the base, hold in place for a while and then let it dry overnight before adding the box of tissues. and placing the lid on.

As you can see I have decorated the edge of the cut that allows the tissue to pull through, that is because I am not great at cutting out with a stanley knife and have no filing tool to make a smooth edge, but you may not need to do this . 





Hope you have a go at this project and would love to see your finished box .

The beauty of making your own box is you can make it to match your room. 

Happy Crafting 
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment