Followers

Wednesday 27 May 2020

The Cutest Index Box

Using up your 6 x 6 papers

Hi Crafters

So today I have a great little Index box to show you.
It was inspired by the Posh Paper Lady, but I altered the sizes and design to suit an idea I had to make a recipe box that would hold 12 to 16 cards. That may not seem many but I wanted the boxes to hold personal recipes on a theme

For example 

  • Your 10 favourite family recipes - to be passed on to children and grandchildren etc
  • Your 10 favourite frugal recipes - to be given to anyone going off to college, or needing to tasty economic dishes 
  • Your 10 favourite Slimming World recipes - to help encourage you through the difficult times 
So you get the idea.

This design also allowed me to use up my 6 x 6 papers which I do not generally use for my projects, but cannot seem to stop buying when I see a bargain.

So here are the results of my re-design


The box is made using envelope instead of concertina sides 
The envelopes have been made from the 6 x 6 sheets of paper and then the top cut off and all glued together 
When it is glued to the sides of the box it forms a file 
Each envelope will hold 2 pieces of card A7 size, on which you can add your recipes 


I used 8 envelopes per box so it will easily hold 16 A7 cards
Of course you could use them to file other information, and you could swap them with family and friends, they would make great little personal gifts 

To make them you need:
10 pieces of 6 x6 papers I used Dovecraft Textured Arts & Crafts papers 50 sheets in the pad so it made 5
2 pieces of cereal box card 11.5cm x 8.5cm
1 piece of cereal boc card 11.5cm x 3cm 
An envelope maker 

I am very pleased with this design and would like to thank the Posh Paper Lady for sharing her great ideas, and inspiring me to make these little gems.

Dee


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment