Followers

Tuesday 3 July 2018

Cute Little Origami Jewellery Bags/Purses

Hi Crafters

I was talking in a previous post about some sewing projects.
I love to make useful items when sewing and yesterday I sewed some cute origami bags that could be for jewellery, makeup or even a purse 

Its a great way of using up scraps. I checked out the origami bags on YouTube, but actually went back to a previous style I had made as the ones currently showing on YouTube makes a gusset and although this is practical it changes the shape from square to oblong which I did not like as much, plus they have no turn down sections. 

Anyway this is my version, i enjoyed making the smaller versions, like I said it used up some smaller pieces very well, I prefer the larger version made from 18" squares as they have more useful sized pockets. I sell them on Etsy occasionally, (although currently very low on stock) and will continue in future to make this style in large size only. So my next small bags/purses will be little elf bags which instead of having a ring fastening will have drawstring.












This last bag is approx 15cm square, making it large enough for all sorts of make-up, jewellery and sewing storage,  while the previous bags are nearer 8cm 


These few will be available to buy on Ebay along with several other of my craft makes
Seller name: happyhippo03-2007, if you want to take a look.

Happy Crafting

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment