Followers

Tuesday 24 July 2018

Not too Early for Christmas

Hi Crafters

Well here we are in July and all the craft channels are showing or have shown Christmas Crafts, with new launches and "deals" to keep us crafting throughout the summer.

I have tried putting it off but my mind has turned to preparing for Christmas and more importantly a Craft Workshop "getting ready for Christmas".

I have chosen a date, 9th October, and have put my head down to come up with an interesting menu of items to make on the day.

As most crafters love the idea of making all their own Christmas Cards ( although rarely do) I have decided to make half the day about cards that can be made quickly in bulk numbers.
I want to give 3 or 4 pretty, eye-catching card designs for crafters to choose their 2 favourites to make on the day to copy them at home. I will then give encouragement and tips on mass production to make it as painless as possible.


Quick card (No greeting added as yet) an example though not necessarily one of the demos on hte day.

There will be a couple of designs demonstrated for those special cards we all like to make, one will be a Tuxedo card and the other will be a layered card using die cutting .
Another example (we have made this before at a previous workshop) 

Everyone taking part will have a large self closing box, scored ready to assemble and I will take them through the process before they decorate it in their own style, as well as a pop-up gift card

I can take 15 people on my workshops and any profit I make will go to my WI, who encourage and support craft in many forms.

The cards I demonstrate will be part of the 12 cards of Christmas I intend to run as a series of blogs starting in October, followed by 12 gifts for Christmas. 

Happy Crafting
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment