Followers

Tuesday 3 July 2018

Using the Die Sire FLower Dies

Hi Crafters

Today I was busy tidying my Die box. I have 3 boxes of dies all carefully grouped and stored in original packaging or on Magnetic sheets, and every now and then they need a tidy so I can find them easily when I want them.

During the process of tidying the box there is a natural elimination of dies I do not think I will use again and amongst these was a DIe Sire die that cuts a row of blossoms.


 Now I will be honest with you, I never really got to grips with this, and with all the flower dies I have it has sat in the box. 
However a couple of weeks ago I saw a die'sire die with a triple layer of petals being shown on Hochanda and I liked the look of the finished items, so I bought  a similar die (take that to mean cheaper version) and tried it out. My first tries were not great as the petals all ended up in the same place. Then I remembered in the demonstration the base was folded  concertina style and this helped space the petals. Still this seemed a bit awkward and again the dies were set aside.




 Today going through my box I had an idea of putting a smaller row of petals along the base line and rolling them together. The outcome was so much nicer.


There are always things to learn with crafting. Now I don't know whether I want to sell the die or not?

Happy crafting 
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment