Followers

Thursday 12 July 2018

Fleur FLower Shaper

Hi Crafters

Today I recieved my parcel from Create and Craft with the Fleur Flower shaping tray. It seemed like a good idea when I saw it on the tv so I popped it into my basket and here it is. At the same time I bought some card from Fleur that was said to be good for flower making, as it is suppose to give a handmade paper texture when spritzed. You get 48 sheets of A5 card for £9.99

I stamped the pink card with my Heartfelt flower stamps so I could cut them with the dies and used some of the green card to die cut some Tonic Die leaves.


Next I spritzed. It was hot so I had to work fast shaping the flowers.

I spritzed again and then with the ball tool popped the petals into the plastic tray. There were some instructions on the pack with a nod to how to do this, but as the cardboard on hte back of the pack was also the only way into the tray the few instructions with it were in the bin. But I could guess which size to use and played around a little until I thought it looked right.

I added another spritz to keep the card soft while sitting the flowers in the tray and then waited until they had dried before removing and putting the spray of flowers together 



The finished item is well shaped, although a little deep for items that require posting. The card itself shapes well but I would not go so far as to say it has the handmade paper texture. Maybe future use will show better results in that area, but as far as the finsihed flower is concerned I think it looks great and I woudl be happy to add this any of my projects. I will leave it to you to decide if the card is worth the money, or whether you have card stock in your stash that works as well. 

For the shaping tray, it is fairly robust and certainly works well. If using the Fleur foam, although I have not tried foa flowers (yet) I am sure it is even more of an asset. I am happy to add that to my tool kit as it enables several flowers to be made at once, and you can go on doing something else while your flowers dry and shape themselves.  

Happy Crafting
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment