Followers

Wednesday 13 May 2020

Completed Isolation Journal

Isolation Journal Completion - Day 10 

Hi Crfaters

Well here we are at the end of the project.

I will just give you a couple of ideas for closure and finish on your journal and the project will be complete.


As you can see I have decided to finish the cover with a band over the binding section.
This was a piece of black card 3" wide and the length of the book.
Run the scissors over the card to give it a little flexibility
Place strong tape either side of the inside of the black card, and the edge of the front and back of the book. Before placing down, do a trial of run placing the card over the edge of the book to line up.
Take the tape off one side of the card and the front of the book, line up the card (if it is easier to get a straight line mark the end of the book with a pencil where you want to place the card), and stick down
Fold loosely over the end and stick down the other side.
I have a ribbon closure on here as it looks colourful and can be undone or slipped off, but I also use a button closure on  a lot of my journals and books.

So here is an example
If I was going to sell this journal I would decorate the front of the button, although it is a great vintage button in its own right.
To make a button closure you need a length of elastic and a pretty coordinating button.
Thread the elastic through the button and tie at the back in the middle of the elastic, then simply tie the two ends of the elastic together.
FOld the elastic around the book and slip the button through the middle. This method is quicker to use so if you are going to be opening and closing the book a lot, and adjusts to the size of your book as you add items.

So now we have the book finished here it is!!

Inside cover
First double page


Second Double page


Third Double page 
Fourth Double page

Fifth Double page


Back Cover 

It will take me some time to fill the book as I have to gather up my dates, incidents during the weeks and photographs, but when I have filled the pages I will photograph it again for you all to see.

Now that the album is finished I will be back to crafting many different things. I want to try felting and a couple of projects from the Posh Paper Lady. 
If you fancy seeing these projects why not press the FOLLOW button and check in to see them as I post. Or send me a comment or suggestion of items to make. 
If anyone would like to do a swap that would be fun too.

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment