Followers

Tuesday 12 May 2020

Isolation Journal - Inside and Outside pages

Inside & Outside pages - Day 9


Well here we are nearing the end of our project. I hope yours has come together and will give you hours of pleasure filling in the pages you have diligently made.

All of the ideas I am showing today are quick and simple as I am sure we are all eager to finish the project and enjoy using the book.

Inside Cover 

We had left the inside and outside cover to be finished and I had saved a piece of designer 12 x 12 paper for this job. I cut the paper in half and then each piece 7" tall, clipped all the corners to round them off and glued to the base, covering any earlier edges to neaten off.

This is the inside cover, and as you can see I have simply made a triangular flap to hold tags or information, photographs etc that can be later distributed to other pages
As this will be a well used storage area I have used a square of black card, folded in half and then covered with designer paper,  this makes the flap a little thicker and sturdier. once the trangle has been covered I used strong tape on the left side and bottom edge to attach it to the page.
I added tags made from the strips remaining.
On the right hand page I have added another flap, again folding over the outside edge and glueing it down to make it stronger. This piece has been cut long enough to fit the length of the page and wide enough that the flap of the envelope will tuck into the flap. There are 2 photo-mats in the envelope.

Outside cover



 As you can see the outside cover has been covered with the same designer page as the inside cover.
I am leaving this blank for now as I would like to add a scroll giving the date that Lockdown and Isolation finishes and some notes to finish my story.

On the left page this is a piece of designer paper 12" x 6"
Simply fold into the middle and trim all four corners
To make the closure I hae used my punches and punched out 2 circle 25mm and 4 x 10mm circles. I do not have a punch this size so i cut the 10mm circles from the designer papers
Layer 2 of the 10mm circles together and place a dimensional sticky pad on the back
Add some sturdy tape to the back of the 25mm circle. Put the smaller circle on to the middle and the dimentional pads will give you the space to wind around the string or ribbon for closure.
Place the circles either side of the opening on the flaps.

That completes the page layouts

My last post will give ideas on closures and decoration for the front of your album. I will also show pictures of the completed pages and journal.

If you have suggestions on any projects you would like to see on my blog please click on the FOLLOW button at the top of the page and send me your suggestions or comments.

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment