Followers

Friday 22 May 2020

Felted Butterfly

Combining Crafts 

Hi Crafters

Today I decided to try something new, combining a few different crafts, to see if it worked.
I used a Sizzix die from my card making craft, felting tools and wool and some embroidery techniques 



Both the butterfly and heart are made by cutting the base shape from Sizzix dies and then felting the coloured wool onto the base felt. I then used embroidery thread to outline all around the outside. For the buttefly I added mini beads to the top wings and seqins to the body part, and for the heart I did a running stitch inside the embroidered edge and then a flower outline with a sequin centre. 

I think the finished pieces came out well and if I wanted an embellishment for a sewing project these would definately add some interest. Or I could add a brooch bar to the back quite easily. 
I picked up some useful techniques while felting and cold expand on the embroidery side of the process if the project required. 

The process of combining different crafts allows you to utilise your craft items in a creative manner, and makes for a more imaginative design process. Why not look at your craft items and have a go at cross-crafting, you may be surprised at the results.



Dee


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment