Followers

Thursday 21 May 2020

Great Buys for more crafting

Hi Crafters

Hope everyone is feeling better now you can go out and enjoy the weather. I did really well for the first 6-7 weeks of lockdown using up a lot of papers in my stash and enjoying the time to craft, this tidies up the cupboard quite well and for the first time I could see little spaces in several boxes. However I hit a little low at the beginning of the week and that started me buying again. The first parcel came this morning so I thought I would share my haul with you all.



The goodies came from a company called Creative Expressions. They have some quality products at amazing prices .
I love Tim Holtz art/craft work, but have only dabbled a little, so when I saw the Compendium of Curiosities on C. E. website reduced to £5.80 from £20, I decided to buy the 2 books for inspiration and techniques. I then added the Christmas "Stampers Anonymous" stamps as they are a little different, a pack of metal sheets for embossing, as this seemed to go with the the Tim Holtz ideaology. One of the best buys was a stack of 12 x 12 papers from DCWV, if you are not familiar with DIe Cuts With a View, they are an American company who have been making great paper pads for many years, you have probably seen the papers even if you do not know the name. This pad is quite grungy and I thought it would be great for masculine projects. The pad has 48 sheets and would have sold originally for around £20, it was just £5. Then in order to get free p&p I added 7 bottles of Distress Stains. I have distress inks and pens, but no stains. These pots sell from £3 to £8 each on Ebay so for £1.25 they were a great buy.

I have already checked out how to use the stains on YouTube and  I am looking foward to trying the Tim Holtz look on a couple of projects.


I am working on an album at the moment and one of my future projects will definately be another album made from this pad. 

It is worth taking a look at Creative Expression, and I will add they are very helpful. I could not remember my password and ended up phoning the office, a very helpful lady reset my account. I was notified when the item went out and when the delivery was coming to the house, and this all happened in 3 days, so I can recommend them.

Happy Crafting and Stay Safe.

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment