Followers

Monday 11 May 2020

Isolation Journal - Last double page spread

Day 8  of making your Isolation Journal
Double Page Spread 


Hi Crafters

Well here is the last double page spread for me to show you. After this there is only the Inside and Outside covers and opposite pages to show. So today I am showing 2 very simple ideas, which I hope you will find useful

This is what we are making:

The left side has a simple flap that will hold some journalling tags and any pieces of spare designer paper that you can use for matting photographs 
Again I have made this from 2 strips of the designer papers so have used contrasting pieces, The top piece I folded over to strengthen the edge as this will get wear, and then stick it to the bottom piece I have used my corner punch on the top 2 edges to round them off and fold the 2 sides and base in at  1cm, using this to glue to the page, to make the flap. I liked the idea of a simple flap as the paper behind can be seen. I have used some more  of the wider strips to make tags. 
If you felt it was neater, you could make the tags into a little booklet by punching a hole in the bottom end and adding a brad to hold them together.

On the right hand side I have made a mini clipboard. I used my last larger piece and laminated it, I then added a thin pad and clip and used the clip to add it to the envelope. You could put more photo-mats inside of the envelope but I decided to leave it empty and that way if I wrote notes on the pad I could peel it off and store in the envelope underneath until I wanted to use the notes.  As an alternative to the laminated paper,  you could use a piece of cardboard (more cereal box) to make the clipboard and cover it with paper, but I did not have enough designer paper to cover it front and back. I would still laminate the top paper as this makes it sturdier and wipeable, meaning you can replace the pad and the clipboard will still look good. 

My next post will be the Inside and Outside cover, and then the final post for this journal will be closures and a few ideas on decorating your Journal.

 If you like the project please click to Follow my Blog, at the top of the page  as it give encouragement for future posts, and if you would like to see more techniques or projects you can use the comment section for your suggestions.

Happy Crafting
Dee                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment