Followers

Sunday 3 May 2020

Quick Junk Journal - Using up your scraps

Hi Crafters


Today I am sharing a recent make, a quick Junk Journal made when clearing the desk, and I suddenly thought I can use these bits for a journal.







As you can see from picture one the cover is some Kraft card covered with napkin tissue
I used the other piece for a laminating project

The papers inside are some 6 x 6 papers from a pad in the cupboard and some scraps on the desk
which I simply folded in half and stuck together. I added a couple of pockets and then cut some writing paper down to size to fit in.
It is all held together with butchers string (again on the desk from another project) 
This took about 20minutes from start to finish and also saved some tidying time.

When I finished the journal I began thinking  about journals in general, and I have decided to make an "Isolation Journal", to record all the crafts I have made since Isolation started.

I will start tomorrow with the basic  journal/album and this will be an envelope album.
It will be made with 6 envelopes. If you want to make one with me check in each day and I will show you step by step progress with my make. 
For the first part you will need 6 A5 envelopes or 6 pieces of 12 x 12 pages. I will  be using 12 x 12 papers but you may not have them in house, or you may not have an envelope maker,  and so you can use envelopes and decorate them instead. 

Happy Crafting
Dee




No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment